Many Australian homeowners ask this question, as they attempt to negotiate the long list of removal companies that are out there, and without a referral, it can be hit and miss regarding the level of service you receive from a removal contractor. Here is a list of qualities that you would find with a top-notch removal company.
- Comprehensive Service – Unless you prefer to do your own packing, the removalist should offer a comprehensive relocation package that includes supplying the packing materials, packing, loading, unloading and positioning of items. This takes the strain out of moving, and the removal team are professional and know how to pack items and secure them safely, and with a friendly, ‘can-do’ attitude, your relocation will be a smooth operation.
- 5-Star Rating – All removal companies would be using independent review organisations and most rate on a star system, with 5 being the very best. A 5-star removalist would be the best choice, for obvious reasons.
- Adequate Resources – You might, for example, need some temporary secure storage, which any established removal company would be able to offer, with Sydney furniture removalists that have a large, secure warehouse, where you can store your personal possessions for as long as is necessary. You would not want a vehicle breakdown to affect your move, so choose an established company with more than ample resources to ensure that the move goes without a hitch.
- Fully Insured – Even careful people make mistakes and accidents do happen, so it is comforting to know that your removalist is fully insured against any type of damage caused during the relocation. This should be evident on their website, but if it is not, then you should clarify the situation.
- Friendly and Helpful Service – No one is comfortable with total strangers manhandling their personal possessions, and a friendly disposition makes all the difference, taking away that awkward feeling. If there was something specific you needed, they would be more than happy to oblige, and it is always nice to work with friendly people.
- Affordability – The best removal services isn’t necessarily the most expensive, and while cost should not be the primary focus, you do want value for money. If you think a quote is a little high, you can easily ask another provider to quote and compare that with the original price, and you can do that with your smartphone.
- Busy – Much like any other industry, if a removal company is always busy, this is a very good indication of 5-star service, and most removal company websites would have customer reviews, which are well-worth the read.
The Internet is the best place to start your search for the best removal company, then you can browse the many websites and create a shortlist, then ask each to quote for the project. Look for all of the above and hopefully, your relocation will be an enjoyable experience, and you can look forward to the next exciting chapter of your life.