There is no denying that Vitamin C is beneficial to the body. When you are deficient in Vitamin C, your body will tell you. To ensure that you are getting the most out of your Vitamin C absorption, chemists have created liposomal Vitamin C.
If you have been wondering what liposomal Vitamin C is or what benefit they offer, then you have come to the right place.
What is Vitamin C Liposomal?
What are Liposomes?
Liposomes were discovered back in the 1960s and since then, have been continuously studied. They are very beneficial to the vitamin world because they can act as a sort of shield to deliver the inside contents to the bloodstream before it becomes decomposed by the substances in our stomachs.
It acts like a protective barrier for the nutrients and vitamins so the inside components do not get broken down by our digestive enzymes. Aside from digestive enzymes, it also protects the content against acids found in our digestive tract and stomach.
Vitamin C Liposomes
Vitamin C liposomes work well because the liposomes can “carry” the encapsulated Vitamin C to the cells before it gets destroyed by our body’s natural acids and enzymes. This is why researchers believe that liposomes Vitamin C are more effective than the traditional forms of Vitamin C absorptions.
If you are taking the suggested amount of Vitamin C daily but do feel any differently or you do not see the benefits then you may want to consider taking the liposome form of Vitamin C. Although you are taking the recommended amount, a large amount of the Vitamin C could be destroyed before it reaches your cells and bloodstream.
Top 5 Benefits of Liposomal Vitamin C
- Bioavailability: Liposomal Vitamin C has a much higher bioavailability than your traditional Vitamin C.
- Improve the health of cancer patients: While it is important to note that liposomal Vitamin C does not cure or prevent cancer cells from spreading, it is known to help the mood and energy of cancer patients.
- Heart and brain health: it is proven that liposomal Vitamin C is beneficial for the heart and brain.
- Relieves Stress: this is especially true with oxidative stress.
- Increase collagen production: Our bodies naturally produce collagen but the amount starts to decrease by the time we hit 25.
We hope you found this article informative and if liposomal Vitamin C was not on your radar before, then it will be now. There is a lot of research done on liposomal Vitamin C and it seems as if it will only grow in popularity.