As a business owner, it is your responsibility to ensure that the workplace is safe and hygienic, something that often gets overlooked, especially when things get hectic. You won’t need reminding that the environment is connected to general productivity; air quality, temperature and humidity are all areas we can manage, and on that subject, here are a few tips to maintain a clean and hygienic office.
- Outsource Office Cleaning – With professional outfits like JAN-PRO, commercial cleaning is their realm and they go the extra mile to ensure that your office space is clean, bright and cheerful. Regular disinfecting should be carried out, especially while the Covid-19 pandemic is wreaking havoc across the world and with hand sanitiser and antiseptic wipes, staff are always protected.
- Air Purifiers – These can be very beneficial and one in a corner would suffice, which removes smells and toxins in the air. You can have the air tested by a local office cleaning specialist, who would have a range of air quality packages.
- Create a Hygiene Policy – This is a great idea and one that you might already be doing, thanks to the Covid crisis. Ask a junior staff member to create a list of tasks that must be completed and allocate among the office employees. There should always be hand sanitiser available and a sufficient supply of hand wipes, while each person should thoroughly clean their own workstation, making a point of wiping down the computer keyboard and other surfaces that we touch.
- Digitalise & Migrate to the Cloud – What does this have to do with keeping the place tidy? You might ask, well, if all your business data is digitalised and stored on a remote server, you can say goodbye to those bulky filing cabinets, as every employee can bring up any document on their workstation screen. This also makes your office more efficient; people are not wasting time searching for documents and everything is secure, thanks to the managed IT service provider who would administrate your secure cloud network. Here are a few tips to ensure that your IT dept is never overworked.
- Restrooms – These should be the responsibility of your office cleaning contractor and should always be spotlessly clean for obvious reasons, with paper towels and soap refilled as required. The only office cleaning task that your employees should do is take out the trash; the rest should be in the professional hands of a local office cleaning company, who can ensure that everything is clean and that the workspace is ready for use.
- Communal Area – This is the place to make a coffee and sit and relax to rest your eyes from staring at your screen and put up signage to remind people to wash crockery & cutlery after every use. There should be an adequate supply of washing up liquid and a couple of bins in place, which need to be cleaned too. Click here for government information about a healthy working environment.
There are many things that you can do to maintain a clean and hygienic office and the most important is your choice of office cleaning contractor, who will handle everything and your staff can focus on what they should be doing.